POSITION TITLE: Web Developer
REPORTS TO: Art Director and Managing Director
CONTRACT TYPE: Three month fixed term
1.1 About Image’s price for Goods and Services sold to the Client shall be the net price set out on the invoice.
1.2 About Image is a high quality and established web and graphic design studio, with an in house print facility. The company has pride in its innovative and original designs; it also enjoys a solid reputation. Customer service is paramount. Our office is located in central New Plymouth. We are a small team that enjoys a relaxed working environment. The position will be split between building web sites and generating new sales leads and developing marketing strategies to increase the web design sector of our business.
• Provide quality service to customers through the provision of accurate and timely feedback on job progress, requirements and variations.
• Promote the business of About Image by networking, liaising with clients and team members.
• Ensure profitability on estimated work to agreed minimum margins and deadlines.
• Ensure all systems are accurate and maintained..
• Maintain company confidentiality and commercial sensitivity.
• Ensure deadlines are met via work schedule and communication with the art director.
• Ensure all designs are compliant with copy write legislation.
• Trained in IT with knowledge of information systems and network technology.
• A problem solver/ solution finder.
• Conversant with online business operations.
• Experienced in creating logical and innovative solutions.
• Thorough and precise.
• Have a keen interest in technology.
• Experienced in mobile applications and user experience.
• A good communicator on a daily basis with designers, clients and other IT providers.
• Experienced in developing and maintaining the front and back end functionality of websites.
• Manage databases and reporting tools.
• Provide technical support to end users.
• Provide guidance to other team members on web development issues.
• Identify and correct software deficiencies.
• Devise SEO strategies.
• Ensure the websites for customers precisely match their requirements.
• Perform maintenance and updates to existing client’s web sites.
• Participates in brainstorming sessions.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously to a high standard.
• Knowledge with Face book, Twitter, and YouTube and web site integration.
• Knowledge of e-commerce / online sales.
• Knowledge Linux server solutions.
• Can use Mac and PC platforms.
• Experience in email and domain name configuration.
• Knowledgeable in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustration and Indesign, sublime text and Dreamweaver.v • Organises their own workload effectively and prioritise tasks.
• Adaptable and able to quickly pick up new techniques.
• Confident, friendly and easy to get along with.
• Demonstrates good time management.
• Ability to provide accurate web site estimates.